Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Now What?

It may be someone you've just met or it may be a life long friend.  A lively discussion turns to religion. Then that person asks you about your relationship with Jesus Christ and salvation.  During the discussion the Spirit inspires that person to be open to giving their life to Christ.  Now what?  Sometimes that gentle nudge from the Holy Spirit is more like a kick in the teeth.  Someone is searching for Christ and the Holy Spirit has chosen you to bring one of the lost to Him.  How do I help lead this baby Christian to the Lord?  We can simply pray for the Lord to give us the words and not to let us mess this up or we can prepare ourselves for that eventuality.  2 Timothy 4::3, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction." The following may help you if you are ever faced with the task of leading one of the lost to Him.

Prayer For a New Christian

The Lord has been waiting patiently outside, and now you have chosen to let Him in.

Let us pray together,

Lord,

“Father, I know that I am broken and my sinful nature has separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life and toward you. Please forgive me, and lead me on the path you have set before me. I believe that your Son, Jesus Christ suffered the punishment and died for my sins, That He was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to lead me to do Your will for the rest of my life.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

The Holy Spirit now dwells within you, and you have been reborn to life in Christ.
                   
You have begun an incredible journey and an exciting new life in Christ!  I pray the Lord will bless you wondrously.

The Lord has entered fully into your life; your sins are now forgiven from your past; Let us pray that you turn away from your past sin and don't look back. The Lord has granted you eternal life; Let us pray that you share it joyfully with Him.  You have become a blessed child of God.  Let us pray that you and I strive to do our Father's will. A great adventure lies ahead for you; Let us pray that you will triumph in His love.

And when the Great Deceiver tries to tempt you, let us pray that you resist his every move.

We pray this In Jesus' name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment